- 600g lamb, cut into cubes (ask your butcher to do this). You can substitute with beef or chicken if preferred.
- 1 cup natural Greek yoghurt
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- juice of 3 lemons + zest of 2 lemon
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 spanish onion, cut into wedges
- 2 zucchinis, cut into 1 inch thick pieces
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Add the yoghurt, mint, garlic, lemon juice, lemon rind, olive oil, salt and pepper to a food processor or blender and blend untill smooth
- Skewer the meat, onion and zucchini alternating with each piece
- Lay the skewers in a shallow baking tray and pour over the marinade. Make sure the skewers are well coated all over, rubbing in the marinade with your hands.
- Cover and leave in the fridge to marinate for 1+ hours to soak up the flavour. The long you leave it the better the flavour. Prepare this the night before for the best result and less stress.
- Preheat a BBQ or grill on medium heat and cook the skewers for a few minutes on each side or until cooked
- Delicious served with my greek salad, sauteed silver beet with greens or tabouli with mint and cauliflower rice