1 small onion, red or white
500g beef mince - ideally grass fed and finished
2 heaped tsp paprika
2 heaped tsp cumin
1 heaped tbsp tomato paste
1/4 cup bone broth or stock (can use water if you don't have either)
1 iceberg lettuce
1 corn on the cob
optional: Greek yoghurt, coriander, grated cheese and chilli to serve
1. Add 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil to a saucepan on medium heat and add the onion. Cook until it's soft and starts to brown.
2. Add the mince, breaking it up as you cook. Once the meat is browned, add the paprika, cumin and tomato paste and cook for 1 minute whilst mixing it through.
3. Add the broth/stock/water and a good pinch of salt and mix through. Cover the pan and reduce to low heat and leave to cook further to allow the flavour to deepen as you prepare the rest of the ingredients. If it becomes too dry, add more broth/stock/water.
5. In a separate saucepan, bring water to the boil and add the corn. Cook for approx. 10 minutes or until cooked. The corn will become brighter in colour.
6. Dice the tomato, capsicum, avocado and cut the corn off the cob and add to a serving platter. Shred the iceberg lettuce and add to a serving bowl and transfer the meat into a serving bowl
7. Have fun building your own Mexican bowl.