4 large portions / 6 small
1.7kg whole fish, bones removed and butterflies (ask your fish monger to do this)
1 leek, finely sliced
1 bunch of fresh dill - approx 1/3 cup, chopped
1 bunch of fresh flat leaf parsley - approx 1/2 cup, chopped
1/3 cup of olives, chopped
1/4 cup of capers, rinsed
250g vine ripened tomatoes
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius fan forced
2. Heat 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat, add the leek, dill and parsley and cook until it starts to soften.
3. Add the olives and capers to the saucepan and continue to cook until the leek becomes slightly golden in colour and the mixture has reduce to about half.
4.Rinse the fish under water, pat dry with a paper towel and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
5. Using a sharp knife, score the fish 3 times so the fish will cook evenly through.
6. Open one side of the fish and stuff the leek mixture inside so it's evenly spread between the flesh.
7. Drizzle 2-3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil over the fish and season well with salt and pepper.
8. Add the tomatoes to the baking tray and coat in some of the extra virgin olive oil on the tray
8. Place in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
9. Remove the tomatoes and set to the side
9. Brush a little extra virgin olive oil onto the skin and grill for a few minutes on high to get the skin a slightly crispy.
10. Transfer the fish and tomatoes onto a platter and serve with lemon wedges.