Cooking time: 30 mins
- 4 x chicken thighs approx. 600g
- 1 x 400g tinned artichoke hearts, sliced into halves
- 1/3 heaped cup mixed olives
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 whole onion, sliced
- 500 ml chicken or beef bone broth or good quality stock (I use GOOD BONES Organic Bone Broth)
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove or 2 small cloves, crushed
- 2 lemons, 1 sliced & 1 juiced
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves removed
- 2 heaped tsp of dried oregano
- Pinch of pepper
01. Heat the oil and lemon juice in a deep non-stick saucepan or pot and add the chicken thighs. Cook all over so the thigh's are slightly brown in colour but don't cook completely through
02: Remove the thighs from the pan and leave to the side
03: Add the onion, garlic, thyme, oregano, and sliced lemon and cook until the onion is slightly golden in colour
04: Add the bone broth or stock, artichoke, capers and mix everything together, scraping up all the brown bits sticking to the bottom of the pan. This is the flavour!
06. Add the chicken back to the pan and reduce the heat to a light simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes allowing the juice to thicken and the chicken to finish cooking through.
07: Once the chicken is cooked through it's ready to serve!
Serve on top of a big bowl of my Creamy Low Carb Cauliflower Mash
If you have time, marinate the chicken overnight or a few hours before in the garlic, herbs and sliced lemon or more flavour. When ready to cook, pull out the chicken and brown it off in step one. Then then add all the herbs, lemon and juice in the marinating dish in step 4.