Prep + Cooking time = 30 mins
- 600g chicken thighs
- 2 x 400g tinned artichoke hearts, sliced into halves
- 1/2 cup mixed olives
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 whole onion (red or white), sliced
- 250g (1 cup) Chicken Bone Broth or good quality stock (I use GOOD BONES Organic Bone Broth)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large garlic clove or 2 small cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 heaped tsp of fried oregano
- Pinch of pepper
01. Add the coconut oil to deep non-stick saucepan or pot and add the chicken thighs. Brown all the sides but don't cook completely through.
02: Remove from the pot and leave to the side
03: Add the onion and sauté until golden.
04: Add the garlic, herbs, sliced lemon, capers, artichokes and olives and sauté together for about 3-5 minutes, scraping up all the browned bits sticking to the bottom of the pan. This is the flavour!
05: Add the bone broth or stock and the chicken fillets back in.
06. Reduce the heat to a light simmer and leave to cook for an extra 10-15 minutes allowing some of the broth to evaporate, the juices to thicken and the chicken to finish cooking through.
Serve on top of a big bowl of my Creamy Low Carb Cauliflower Rice
If you have time, marinate the chicken overnight or a few hours before in the garlic, herbs and sliced lemon or more flavour. When ready to cook, pull out the chicken and brown it off in step one. Then then add all the herbs, lemon and juice in the marinating dish in step 4.