Makes 6 Skewers
- 600g chicken breast chopped into 1.5 inch thick pieces (ask your butcher to do this for you)
- 6 wooden skewers
- 1 large Spanish onion, chopped into 1.5 inch thick pieces
- 1 capsicum, chopped into 1.5 inch thick pieces
- 1 green capsicum, chopped into 1.5 inch thick pieces
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Sprinkle of sea salt & cracked pepper
- In a bowl combine the chicken, garlic, lemon juice and oregano. Cover and leave in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 mins. The longer you leave it the more flavoursome.
- Wet the skewers under a running tap to prevent them from burning on the BBQ.
- Thread the veggies and chicken, alternating with each piece. Aiming for approx 100g on each skewer.
- Place the skewers on a hot BBQ and cook each side for approx 3-4 mins or until cooked through.
- Serve with some cooked veggies or a salad. Why not stay in theme and serve with this yummy Greek Salad!