Serves 2 main size - 4 - entrée size
- 6 field mushrooms
- 1 large or 2 small brown onions, sliced (or use 1 large leek instead)
- 500ml bone broth or good quality stock
- 10 sprigs of fresh thyme, hard stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt & pepper
- Heat the oil in pan and sauté the onions until soft
- Add the garlic, thyme and mushrooms and sauté until soft and the onions have lightly browned. If you want, reserve a couple of the cooked mushrooms to decorate when serving.
- Pour in the the bone broth or stock and mix together, scraping up all the caramelised onion and juices from the base of the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Using a blender or food processor blend until it forms a thick and creamy consistency. If you prefer your soup more runny, add a little extra broth or stock.
- Pour into a bowl and finish with a sprinkle of thyme or a light drizzle of good extra virgin olive oil or even better...truffle oil.