- 1/2 ruby grapefruit, rind removed or 1/2 Granny Smith (green) apple
- 1 big handful baby spinach
- 1/2 lemon, rind removed
- 1/2 cup purified water
- Add a touch of stevia or honey if too sour or bitter for your tastebuds
My Favourite Enhancers (optional)
Add one or all of the following for added digestive and detox benefits
- 1/2 tsp Vitamin C powder - adds sweetness and cuts through the bitter and sour flavour
- 1/2 tsp Matcha Maiden Ground Green Tea Leaves
- 1/2-1 tsp spirulina powder (slowly build up to 1 tsp)
- 1 tsp of Whole Live Nutrients Prebiotic - probiotic cacao powder
- 1 scoop of Healthy Origins Healthy Fiber (Soluble fibre to help feed the good bugs in our belly's)
Add everything to a blender (I use my Nutribullet) and blend until smooth and drink up!
Tip: I recommend removing the rind from the fruit otherwise it leaves an overly bitter flavour which isn't pleasant. However try to leave as much as the pith (white bit) as possible as this contains many nutritive compounds such as antioxidants that have beneficial health effects.