My beautiful friend Poppy Oneil is the queen of salads. She never ceases to amaze and inspire me with her salad creations that she just throws together without seeming to give too much thought.
Every Monday night we alternate between making each other a healthy dinner at each others places. Last Monday night I was pretty excited to get served this bowl of amazingness! Like usual she stood there and effortlessly threw everything together whilst debriefing me on her weekend away at the Golden Door.
During the summer months there is nothing better than a fresh seafood salad and this one was so good I had to get her to share her recipe.
- 12 raw prawns
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 x Lime
- Chilli (fresh or chilli flakes)
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt and peper to taste
- 2 handfuls of bean sprouts
- 4 handfuls Rocket
- 10 Cherry tomatos
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked
- 1./2 bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 1/2 cup mung bean sprouts
- 2 Spring onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted pepita seeds
- Fish sauce (approximately 1-2 tablespoons)
- Sesame oil or extra virgin olive oil (approximately 2 tablespoons)
- Tamari (approximately 2 tablespoons)
- Squeeze Lime
- Pickled Ginger- Ginger slices and its vinegar marinade (approximately 2 tablespoons)
01: Put the ingredients listed under prawns in bowl and leave to marinade for at least 2 hours, ideally overnight.
02: Put all the salad ingredients in a serving bowl
03: combine all the salad dressing ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
04: Add the coconut oil to the frypan and cook the prawns until they start to turn pink (approximately 2 minutes each side). I like to splash a bit of Tamari and a good squeeze of lime. This helps to caramelise the prawns
05: Once the prawns are cooked, place them on top of the salad and pour over the dressing