- 500g of mince from beef, lamb or pork or a mixture
- 1 whole raw egg
- ½ tsp cumin spice
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- Pinch of Sea salt
- 5 large tomatoes, diced
- 5 basil leaves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- To a bowl add the mince, cumin, raw egg, onion, carrot, sea salt and basil. Combine well and then roll into little balls.
- Add 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil to a heated pan & brown the meatballs on all sides.
- Put the pan in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until cook through.
- Whilst they are cooking, in the same saucepan add the diced onion and sauté until golden in colour. Add some more olive oil if needed.
- Add the the diced tomatoes and cinnamon and cook until it reduces to a thick sauce. Add some stevia (natvia) for added sweetness if needed.
- Add the cooked meatballs and basil leaves to the sauce
- Serve over Spiralized Zuccini also known as Zucchini Pasta or steamed veggies