Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- 1 cup rice ( preferably low GI e.g. basmati or brown rice)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup almonds, crushed
- 2 heaped tbsp shredded coconut
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh chilli or chilli flakes (optional)
- In a saucepan add the rice, coconut milk and water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and leave to simmer until cooked (approx 15 mins)
- Onced cooked, stir through the crushed almonds, shredded coconut and pinch of salt
- To add some more kick, mix through some fresh or dried chilli flakes
- Enjoy & serve!
- 1 CARB
- 2 FAT